The Wedding To Do List – counting down to the big day
Shooting weddings and being married myself I know how much effort goes into planning a wedding so I thought I’d help with a wedding checklist. I hope this helps with the countdown to your wedding.
ONCE YOU’RE ENGAGED
- Make a budget.
- Outline a rough list of the guests you’d like to invite.
- Ask your best friends if they will be your bridesmaids, best man and ushers.
- Shortlist a few dates and check them with the friends and family you really want at your wedding.
- Find and book a venue.
- Announce the date, although if your wedding is more than a year don’t worry about save the date cards yet but do let people know
- Invest in wedding insurance.
1 YEAR BEFORE THE WEDDING
- Arrange bridal gown viewings.
- Book photographer.
- Book videographer.
- Book a florist.
9 MONTHS TO GO
- Attend a wedding cake tasting.
- Book entertainment.
- Hire a stylist or contact wedding décor companies to hire any bits and bobs. Some florists offer these services.
8 MONTHS BEFORE
- Start getting excited over the honeymoon and speak to a travel agent – check that your passports are in date.
- Organise a fitting for the men’s suits.
- Order the wedding cake.
- Start searching for bridesmaid’s dresses.
- Find your wedding stationery.
- Start collecting guests’ address details for the invitations.
- Choose hymns and ceremony music.
6 MONTHS BEFORE
- Order wedding rings.
- Discus the reading the bands or make necessary arrangements with the church or a registrar.
- Send save the date cards.
- Confirm invitation and order of service designs.
- Finalise floral arrangements.
- Schedule a hair and makeup trials.
- Order wedding shoes.
3 MONTHS LEFT
- Book the wedding cars and any other transport.
- Send invitations.
- Attend dress fitting.
- Buy gifts for the wedding party.
- Menu tasting & wine selection for the wedding breakfast.
- Speak to the band about your first dance – so that they can get practicing.
1 MONTH TO GO
- Final wedding dress fitting.
- Chase guests for their RSVP
- Create the seating plan for the wedding breakfast.
- Speak to the wedding photographer about group shots and any other important moments you want captured.
- Start breaking in your wedding shoes around the house to give your feet time to recover before the wedding.
- Final check in with suppliers to make sure that everything is in hand.
THE FINAL WEEK BEFORE THE WEDDING
- Deliver anything that needs to be at the venue such as place cards, table plans and any other accessories.
If there is less than one year until your wedding and you haven’t booked your wedding photographer, don’t worry – I still have dates available for 2016. Drop me an email or give me a call on 07533 848 807 to find out if I’m free on your wedding date.